Monday, December 6, 2010

Trial & Error; Life!

Its not often that I don't recieve those crazy looks from people when my trail of five come like ducklings in a row behind me in Walmart, and here I stand with two more in my belly, which makes it very obvious that I either own a day care or they are all mine. Now, you will have the courageous few who dare to ask, "Are they ALL yours?" And with a smile, a nod, and a quick bite of the lip, I contend and say, "Yes they are. Aren't I blessed?" Every now and then you will get the response of "yes" but for the most part you get the jaw dropping, "Oh I feel for her look."

Its come to be something that all my blessings notice and whats beautiful is that, they don't understand why people are so shocked. They love our large family and can't wait to have more. So why is it that an 8 year old down to a 3 year old understands what a "quiver full" is, but grown adults can't imagine? I fear its due to the lack of faith.

Not by any means do we have the perfect image of faith and yes there are days that we can have struggles and trials and naughty step time outs and the mommy just needs a minute to herself times, but for the most part its just a big leap within faith.

The bible says in Psalm 127:5, that happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them; they shall not be ashamed...

The Lord has always provided for us and as we strive to do what he commands, we know that His faithful followers will always be cared for and taken care of and that my friends is sometimes the only thing that gets us by, but its enough for us.

So when you see a mommy with ducklings numbering more than 2.5, give her a smile, a thumbs up, maybe even a friendly comment but just remember this, we have heard all the negatives and we are immune to them. We have heard all the jokes, taunts, laughs, seen all the looks, gasps, and pointing fingers and once and for all let me please lay it down that, "YES WE KNOW HOW THEY ALL GOT HERE!!!"
If anyone should know, it would be the woman with 7 blessings, LOL

May the Lord bless you and keep you!

4 comments:

  1. April, you make me laugh! I remember you saying at the CAPPA conf this year that you were suprised you weren't expecting again already, that it was time! Then shortly after found out about the twins!! I am so happy for you, and for your growing family! I am currently expecting #5 and my oldest is also 8. When people ask me if I know how they get here, (which happens ALL the time) I just laugh and say it's just so much fun to practice that of course one'll slip through every once in a while!

    Let people stare. True joy comes when all those babies cuddle around you and there's nowhere else you'd rather be at that moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, thanks Jenn. Would you believe that I WAS pregnant at conference, LOL. I guess just too early to know but my gut knew.
    Congrats on #5. Its easy road from here I say. You are already out numbered so instead of stressing, just smile and enjoy the chaos.
    My favorite saying is to people when they ask me the question, "Do you know how they get here?" I like to say Why yes! We are VERY good at it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see you have a blog! I have great admiration for your family when I see y'all visiting at church.

    I love the name of your blog too. This is the verse that my doctor quoted to me right after I had Reese. What a wonderful verse at a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blog! Do people really ask you if you know how they got there???

    ReplyDelete