Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Only Half Way Done!

Its CHRISTMAS TIME which means the breaking of ornaments, the phrase "no-no, not the tree" being sung in choir form and the exciting two weeks that our home is completely turned into a roving tornado with friends and family coming in and out. The best part is..... I LOVE IT!!!

This year, my dear sweet husband decided to put up the tree and have the blessings (children) as usual help with the decorating. Well, mommy happened to be out on an appointment so when I came home, I was welcomed with our 9 ft Christmas tree only to be adorned about three feet up and the other six, left naked as the day it arrived. Not even the top star made it to the tree.

So as the blessings proudly showed me their work, I carefully watched my husbands face, as he waited on the response I would give them. I think I might have surprised him. You see, ten years ago, I would have cried. Thought about all that time wasted, how I will have to do EVERYTHING over, and so on. You know selfish pity party! But a wonderful, peaceful feeling came over me at that moment. As he silently mouthed the words, "I'll fix it tonight, " I asked him not to touch it. Our Christmas tree was PERFECT! (see picture above)

Our blessings have shown EVERY guest that has come in our home their tree with their chests puffed up as far as they can go, and although I've gotten the looks as "are you going to fix that, " I find it so inviting to say, my blessings gave me a gift and their gift was just what this 23 week pregnant mommy needed. HELP!

Are you good at asking for help and in return saying thank you? Many fall short on this task and I know there has to be some of you who are cringing at the sight of our tree right now, lol, and that's okay. Maybe its not a tree that has crossed your path that needs fixing, but maybe its a project that didn't turn out the color you wanted, or a family picture that lacked the smiles of each and every child, (SIGH!) or maybe its the gift your dear sweet other half bought for you that lacked, lets just say, SPARKLE!!!

Whatever it is, I encourage you today it sit back and just say "Thank you." For most of us, we remember how blessed we are only when times are hard or when a tragedy has occurred but I urge you to find within yourself today I chance to just say thank you to someone for a gift, a random act of kindness, or a comment that was paid to you.

Don't look at it as only being "Only Half Way Done", but a job well done and appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment