Thursday, December 9, 2010

My Interruptions!

It happens every day and never skips a beat. Its like the energy seeps through the house and everyone knows its about to happen. A deathly hush enters every room as they await that certain "creek" to render its calling. Its happened for the past eight years and no end seems to be insight. Different paths have been taken to avoid the crowds. Even to the point of some disturbing "close calls." But to no avail, the arm hair stands straight, the ears perk, and everyone in the house knows the time has arrived.

To some, its not even close to be being a big deal. To others, its a calling they cannot omit otherwise their journey would be fruitless for the day. For me, its a quest. A travel that I dare take alone but only few have tasted its sweet ness of success and triumph. There is no medal at the end. There is rose accented bouquet to be delivered. There's only the knowledge of knowing you have climbed a mountain without using your safety harness and you have officialy won the envy of every mother. You my friend... gone to the bathroom by your self!!!

Why is it that we do it? I did it to my mom. (Still do) She did it to hers and so on. Is it ingrained in us to interrupt someone as they use the bathroom? My blessings honestly have a radar that goes off every time they even have a small inkling that its time for me to go. And what do they want to talk about? Mainly, non important items that really could have waited 2 minutes for me to come out, BUT instead of focusing on the "negative" I want to share with you some good thoughts of being interrupted or having a seated crowd in the bathroom with you.
  1. You always have someone to fetch you more toilet paper
  2. It can be a good potty training experience (if you are in that stage)
  3. No one will wonder what you are doing and as to what extent because it WILL be announced to everyone
  4. Common courtesy flushes can be introduced and taught
  5. You are captive, so you might as well learn something as to what happened on the playground that day
  6. You have an audience to try out some new material on and receive feedback
  7. You don't have to worry about reaching the faucet to do the "running water thing" because you have someone there to do it for you
  8. You never have to spray the freshener because its already been done, needed or not
  9. You have someone to watch the door, in case guests are in the house or family you aren't ready to walk in on you
  10. The lastly, you are NEVER ALONE!!!
Now as I thought about the positives, (in a slight joking fashion) I thought about how really, we never are alone and what a peaceful feeling that can have on a person.

My dear sweet blessings can recite Psalm 23 with true love in their hearts, but I ask can you? Listen to the words that were spoken and after reading such a beautiful psalm, how can anyone say that they are alone?
A Psalm of David.
1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
Psalms 23:1-6 (KJV)

Yes, it would be nice to go to the bathroom once in while by myself but amidst all the humor and comedy of the occasion, isn't it nice to know that we aren't alone? God is good and all good come from him. So that moment this week when you are interrupted, just remember to give praise to Him.

There are so many who would give anything to be interrupted!

My BEAUTIFUL Interruptions!!

May the Lord bless and keep you!

1 comment:

  1. One word - WOW! Ok, a few more... this is great, keep up the good work Supper Mom!

    ReplyDelete