Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A New Year... Same old, same old!!!

CHANGE!! This isn't a word most people enjoy but leave it to me to LOVE it. And I don't mean the kind I always find in the dryer, although I do enjoy those moments of .57 bliss. :) I am referring to the kind where you actually have BIG momentous occasions that are life altering. Journey's that are so noteworthy that blogs and Facebook status's get updated, (with coordinating pictures). We are talking big things!! More like, items need to be bought for this certain something or a new outfit has to be found. THAT KIND OF CHANGE!!!

Its these kind of changes that make me gitty the night before. When you can't sleep, so you lay there till 3am trying to go to sleep but your mind keeps racing and you work through EVERY scenario that could possibly happen and you have pretty much have every detail figured out. Now all you need, is the change to occur.

I guess that being said, you can tell who the thrill seeker is in the family. Yes, I'm the mom who refuses to go to Disney while pregnant because I can't ride the roller coasters. Selfish I know, but I can't stand the thought of sitting there on the "grand-parents" waiting bench. Yes, you know the one I'm talking about. When you come off a ride, they are ones sticking their necks out so high, hoping that this batch of drenched kids has some of their party included. The ones, that are holding all the strollers and bags and melted ice cream because lil' bit will have a hissy if he comes out and his ice cream is gone and lets be honest, who wants to pay $9.00 for another ice cream?

So back to change, I guess the reason I feed off of it SO much is that my life changes SO MUCH and I've just learned that honestly, I can't stop it. I would love to control it all, have a planner that has every detail of how life goes laid out but what I learned from being a mother of a quiver is that those planners make GREAT drink coasters. So I say bring on the change. Bring on the backwards potty training days, bring on the house renovations that last twice as long as expected, bring on the twins instead of the singleton, and bring on the burnt casserole. Besides, we always keep a frozen pizza just in case.

Change doesn't have to be a dirty word or a word to be confused with "you life is ending as you know it." Change can always be for the better and I pray that's what I find each day.

In the story of Samson, he had a major change. Imagine having this GREAT capability and it all changing due to a love struck heart.

When Delilah saw that he had told her all his heart, she sent and called the lords of the Philistines, saying, "Come up again, for he has told me all his heart." Then the lords of the Philistines came up to her and brought the money in their hands. 19 She made him sleep on her knees. And she called a man and had him shave off the seven locks of his head. Then she began to torment him, and his strength left him. 20 And she said, "The Philistines are upon you, Samson!" And he awoke from his sleep and said, "I will go out as at other times and shake myself free." But he did not know that the Lord had left him.
Judges 16:18-20 (ESV)

How sad to know that Lord had left him. This had to be a HUGE change for him from going to strength to weakness but whats I find comforting in this story and throughout life is that, no matter what the change is, no matter what the change may bring, no matter what the change does, the Lord is always constant and NEVER changing. We as humans and sinners are the ones who change and run, but He is always there. And that's the beauty of a never changing God.

So enjoy life's changes. Make sure you include laughter when they come. Change can be a good thing and more of a blessing than you  think so let the change occur and greet it with a smile and consider it a .57 moment of pure bliss.

In Him,

No comments:

Post a Comment