Sunday, May 15, 2011

Oh Ye of Little Faith!

So its been a while since I updated my blog and my apologies to my 19 followers. (snicker insert here) Things have changed around the Howton Homefront and two more blessings have arrived. Kalynn and Camden were born March 11, 2011 and are just the most amazing babies. They are SO wonderful and sweet. We could not be happier, or more tired......which brings me to my topic.

As most of you know, I am a Facebooker. (Yes, its a word.) I enjoy catching up with friends, family, and making new ones too. I have Facebook on my computer as well as the phone that is attached to my hip. One of the many features of FB (Facebook) is where you can update and look at people's recent posts, called the "News Feed." I enjoy this just so I can stay updated and honestly when you sit for five hours a day at random times feeding babies, its nice to have something to do.

Well, just today I was thinking just how tired I was. Cam doesn't sleep all that great and Brooks is not having the best week of going to bed easy, plus the twins get us up at 5am and we go to bed late...yada, yada, yada... I don't even like hearing me complain. And this is why.

Today, a dear friend posted online that she would like prayers please on her and her husbands behalf. My friend was due with twins in July and this was her first pregnancy. This couple was so happy to learn of twins and we chatted often  and I "tried" to help her with useful facts about twins and what to expect. Well, at 28 weeks, she lost her babies.

I know your jaw dropped as did mine and I know your heart hurts as does mine. And this my friends is why my faith is stronger tonight. Tonight I will cherish Camden waking up every hour. Tonight I will hold Brooks and tell him what a good boy he is and that's why he needs a good nights rest. I will smile when the first cry at 5 am beckons me and I WILL count my blessings and name them one by one.

I urge you to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment